Q1. What is stress
Ans – Stress can be defined as our emotional, mental, physical or social reaction to any perceived demands or threats.
For example – You are too close to examinations and feel unprepared.
Q2. How can stress be helpful?
Ans – There are many instances when stress can be helpful.
A fire alarm is intended to cause stress that alerts you to avoid danger.
The stress created by a deadline to finish a paper can motivate you to finish the assignment on time.
Q3. How can stress be harmful?
Ans – In excess stress can harm our emotional and physical health, and limit our ability to function well at home, in school and within our relationships.
Q4. What are the ABCs of stress management?
A: Adversity or the stressful event
B: Beliefs or the way you respond to the event
C: Consequences of actions and outcomes of the event
Q5. How is stress management helpful?
Q5. What are the benefits of stress management?
Ans – Stress management can help you to
• have a joyful life.
• focus and complete tasks on time.
• be a happy person as you are stress free.
• be more energetic and spend quality time with your friends and family.
Q6. What are the Three Steps to Manage Stress?
Ans – Three steps to manage your stress –
Step 1: Be aware that you are stressed
Step 2 : Identify what is causing you stress
Step 3: Apply stress management methods
Q7. Write some of the stress management methods?
Ans – Here are a few simple stress management techniques.
• Proper Time management
• Physical exercise and fresh air
• Healthy and balanced diet
• Sound Sleep
• Holidays with family and friends
Q8. What are the signs or symptoms of stress?
Ans – Signs or symptoms of stress includes – headache, sadness, sleeplessness, excessive worrying or nervousness.
Q9. What do you mean by emotional intelligence?
Ans- Emotional intelligence is the ability to identify and manage one’s own emotions, as well as the emotions of others.
Q10. Write the three steps to manage emotional intelligence?
Ans- Three steps to manage emotional intelligence.
• Understand your emotions: Observe your behavior and note the things you need to work on.
• Rationalize: Do not take decisions abruptly; be rational in your thinking.
• Practise: Do meditation and yoga to keep yourself calm.
Q11. What do you mean by self awareness?
Ans- Being self-aware actually means knowing your inner strengths, hidden talents, skills and even weaknesses.
Q12. Mention the techniques for Identifying your Strengths?
• Think of anything that you are always successful at.
• Think about what others like in you.
• Take out time and think about what you do well.
Q13. What are the differences between Interests and Abilities (Strengths)?
- Interests are those things that you like to do in your free time that makes you happy.
Strength is an acquired or natural capacity
2. Interests include those things you are curious about or would do even if no one asked you to do it.
Strengths enable you to perform a particular job or task with considerable proficiency.
Q14. What do you mean by self motivation?
Ans – Self Motivation is our ability to do the things that need to be done without someone or something influencing us.
Q15. What are the qualities of self motivated people?
Ans – Self motivated people know what they want from life.
They are focused.
They know what is important.
And they are dedicated to fulfilling their dreams.
Q16. What are the four steps for building self-motivation?
Ans- The four steps for building self-motivation –
1. Find out your strengths
2. Set and focus on your goals
3. Develop a plan to achieve your goals
4. Stay loyal to your goals
Q17. What do you mean by GOAL and GOAL Setting?
Goals: They are a set of dreams with a deadline to get them, for example, saving pocket money to buy a favorite mobile phone by a particular date. Goal setting:It is all about finding and listing your goals and then planning on how to achieve them.
Q18. What does the SMART stands for?
Ans – SMART stands for –
Q19. Write the Four Steps for Effective Time Management
Ans – Step 1 : Organize
Step 2: Pritortise
Step 3: Control
Step 4: Track
Q20. How is time management helpful?
Ans – Time Management helps us to
• complete tasks on time.
• make a daily timetable.
• make a good guess at how long it will take you to do something.
• submit homework and assignments on time.
• not waste time during the day.